First Tee of Indiana Volunteer Opportunities
- This position organizes and teaches a First Tee class. Attendance at Coach’s training sessions is mandatory to qualify for this opportunity.
Assistant Coach/Class Volunteer
- The goal for a First Tee class is to have a 6:1 participant to coach ratio. The position will help the lead coach set up, teach, and tear down a class setting.
Special Event Volunteer
- Throughout the year the First Tee of Indiana is part of different expos and /or events. We are always looking for volunteers to help at these expos to help at booths interacting with visitors.
Home Office Volunteer
- Twice a year we go through all the donated items and clean, fix and tag all the equipment and organize for distribution. We appreciate help in completing this important task.
All volunteers who have continued and consistent contact with participants must complete a background check.
As an entity that engages in youth golf programs and whose members include adults who are in contact with minors, The First Tee of Indiana is subject to certain requirements under the Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017 (the “Act”), enacted by the U.S. Congress. This Act has the potential to affect not only national governing bodies, but also camps, public and private schools, collegiate sports, country clubs, community organizations and sport facilities.
The Act, created in reaction to the abuse found at various youth sports organizations, provides for a new standard of care that affects youth-serving organizations nationwide through its creation of requirements for:
- background checks;
- adoption of mandatory reporting policies and prevention policies that provide reasonable procedures that limit one-on-one interactions between an adult and participating youth without being in an observable and interruptible distance from another adult; and
- implementation of prevention training. (see side bar for direct link to policies)
The First Tee of Indiana will be using PGA of America to run background checks. All volunteers over 18 must complete this background check to participate in The First Tee functions. A new format for the background checks is being developed and will be posted as soon as possible. To begin the process, please follow the step below:
Step 1 – CLICK HERE to fill out the submission form.
Step 2 – You should receive an email from The First Tee of Indiana asking for information concerning where and when you would like to volunteer.
Step 3 – CLICK HERE to complete the background check.
Step 4 – Your local coach will reach out to you about your volunteer schedule.
Thank you again for your participation within The First Tee of Indiana.
Additional information about the Act can be found at https://website.praesidiuminc.com/wp/wp/everything-need-know-safe-sport-act/. Reporting forms should be submitted to: Mike David, Executive Director, Indiana Golf Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, 317-739-3016.
As you consider volunteering for our chapter, know that the safety of our kids is our first priority. Please read our Prevention Policies to see how we conduct programs and activities at our chapter.