Tee Up In Gym Class
In elementary schools across Indiana and the United States, many students are teeing off for the first time thanks to The First Tee National School Program. Launched in 2004, The First Tee National School Program trains physical educators to introduce children to the game of golf and The First Tee Nine Core Values during regular physical education classes. We provide the training, junior golf lesson plans, and equipment to our certified teachers.
With more than 225 participating Indiana elementary schools and support from local communities, the National School Program has established an impressive number of partnerships that encourage students to pursue their interest in golf and adopt its values beyond the classroom. By teaching elementary students The First Tee’s Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits, we’re putting them on the course to a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Create a safe introduction to golf for today’s students and teachers.
- Ensure that golf education meets the same national standards developed by the Society for Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE).
- Help students build character and confidence through the positive personal and social values associated with the game.
- Show students that golf can be a great part of a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Make the positive values of golf a part of the classroom and students’ everyday lives.